Landlord’s Boiler Services 0800 228 9574
We Are Here To Help
Prestige Services are here to help with any Boiler related questions or enquiries, please do contact Leisa on 0800 228 9574, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact button below to fill in a web contact form.
The 2016 figures published show the rental sector has doubled since 2001 reaching 5.4 million in 2014 and it is estimated that an additional 1.8 million householders will become private renters by 2025.
With the ever increasing numbers of rental properties it is important that each Landlord knows their responsibilities and the duty of care requirements to each tenant. The Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 is the main legislation for landlords in England and Wales.
All Landlords have a legal duty to ensure that their rental property or properties anywhere in England or Wales are safe before a tenancy begins and throughout its duration. The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 deal with landlords’ duties to make sure gas appliances, fittings and flues provided for tenants are safe, these duties include providing a Gas Safety Report/Record and annual service check on rental properties.
If you have a rental property equipped with gas appliances you have the following responsibilities:
- Gas safety checks:a 12 monthly gas safety check must be carried out on every gas appliance/flue. A gas safety check will make sure gas fittings and appliances are safe to use.
- Maintenance:pipework, appliances and flues must be maintained in a safe condition. Gas appliances should be serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. If these are not available it is recommended that they are serviced annually unless advised otherwise by a Gas Safe registered engineer as our staff are.
- Record:a record of the annual gas safety check must be provided to the tenant within 28 days of the check being completed or to new tenants before they move in. Landlords must keep copies of the gas safety record for a minimum of two years.
All installation, maintenance and safety checks must be carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer. All Prestige Services gas heating engineers are and carry the Gas Safe identity cards. Our company registration number is 567529.
Landlord Gas Safety Record
These reports are provided after a registered Gas Safe engineer from Prestige Services have checked that all of the gas appliances in the property are safe for use, work correctly and are safe guarded against the dangers of Carbon Monoxide.
What information should the Landlords Gas Safety record contain?
- Site address of the property where the Gas Safety check is being carried out
- Name & Address of Landlord (or Letting Agent where applicable)
- Description and location of each appliance and/or flue checked
- Confirmation of the results of operational safety checks carried out on the appliances.
- Any defect identified and any action required or taken to fix
- Date on which the appliance and/or flue was checked
- Name, registration number and signature of the Gas Safe Engineer who carried out the check
Worcester Bosch Boilers
Worcester Bosch are a market leader in high-efficiency condensing boiler technology and manufacturing. Worcester boilers and products are designed to deliver the best of heating and hot water comfort. Winners of Which? best buy awards for their Greenstar boilers in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. In 2009 Worcester Bosch were awarded the Royal Warrant in recognition of supplying goods to Her Majesty The Queen.
Worcester have been manufacturing boilers for 50 years. The boilers are manufactured in the UK. The gas boilers are built in Worcester where their national distribution centre and contact centre is and the Oil boilers are built in Clay Cross.
Worcester Bosch boilers are designed and built to exacting standards and are built using only the highest quality materials. Each Worcester gas or oil boiler is rigorously tested prior to leaving the Worcester or Clay Cross factory.
We work closely with Worcester Bosch and have been accredited with being a Gold Installer which means we can provide each Landlord with extended guarantees on any Worcester boilers and cylinders that we install. As reliability and value for money is essential for Landlords for new boiler installations we recommend Worcester boilers. Depending upon the type of Worcester boiler installed we are able to provide guarantees between 5 and 10 years for the boiler including parts and labour. It is a guarantee that is given by Worcester not just a warranty which gives further piece of mind to each Landlord.
Our Gas Safe and Oftec Registered Boiler Installers and engineers have Worcester boiler training and have visited the manufacturing sites to see the build quality and the testing processes undertaken by Worcester in the production of all of their award winning boilers.
We also run Prestige Electrical Services with Electrical Inspectors who are qualified to provide an Electrical Installation Condition Report (Periodic Test) on the electrical wiring of the property, if you require an Electrical Landlords Certificate for a rental property do please contact us.
If you have any questions about our Landlord Heating or Electrical services or you would like a no obligation quotation for a new Worcester boiler, then please do give Leisa a call on 0800 228 9574 or email email@example.com and she will be happy to answer your questions or arrange an appointment.
We look forward to being of service to you for all Landlord boiler requirements.